Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 8 August 2018

Bulgaria

Well its nearly two years since I posted and not much seems to have happened since then, but really a lot has happened quite recently.
After spending two fruitless years looking at land in Auctions, and not finding anything, I was getting quite desperate. But then, something amazing happened. It was the 25th March 2018, a weekend spent doing a DOB stall in Worthing, the weather was awful and it rained a lot, so I had time to chat as there wasn't much work to do. I was engaged in conversation with a couple who said that they lived in Bulgaria and that it was relatively cheep to live out there, so I started asking Questions. I slept on it and resolved to investigate for myself. I got hold of their contact details and sent them an email asking for the estate agents that they viewed properties with. They Explained the Process; You are collected at the airport, spend all day viewing the properties that you requested to view from their website, no obligation to buy as they receive commission, and there-for no fees for the service. So on the 15th May I was on a plane, and yes they met me at the airport. I cant recall how many properties I viewed in the following days but I had some real adventures and was saturated with ideas to the point of having enough on day 3. Day 4 I asked to view two of them again and they collected me from my accommodation and accommodated. By the evening I had put an offer in and the next morning, it was accepted. I made arrangements for a power of attorney in Bulgaria who had permission to process things for me, and the following day I was in the Notary office with him and a translator, the lawyer and my deposit, which was 10%. The following day I went back to my house! I sat on the back step for an hour or two. Sunday I flew home. It took a few days to send the whole sum over and on Friday the 8th of June 2018 the house became mine at the Notary in Lom. It took a months for my deeds to arrive in the post. I can pick up the keys when I go there next. The process is easier than buying a car in this country and takes the same amount of time. In addition they offer an After service, and remain very helpful and personal friends. Here is the link if you too are interested. https://www.constanta-properties.com/en/index.html
 This is the year of taking very serious steps to making my dreams come true. My two Dreams, are to build an Art Gallery for my work and ride around the world on a motorcycle. Well I booked a trip to cover the African continent by Bike in October, and I bought the land to Build my Gallery on too this year. So you see, a lot has happened recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment