Powered By Blogger

Monday 13 August 2018

STARTING WORK Here is the plan.

As you can see from the last post that i have some work to do, well I priced everything up and here is the plan for how I'm going to start it. In this particular order; The First Jobs are:

  • Get the seeds planted and the Garden Dug over.
  • woodworm the attic.
  • build the stairs
  • re wire the house myself.
  • connect the water suply
  • get a well dug
  • get connected to all the services.
  • rip down the ceiling
  • redecorate and furnish internally
  • build an extension bathroom.
  • build a compost loo
  • make some sun hives
  • fencing.
that should be enough major work for the first year.




Below you can see where I have priced up the wiring. I learned an interesting thing about the Bulgarian wireing, and that is that the plug sockets are all half way up the wall, the locals do this to save wire. Another interesting fact i learnt is that all the wiring is on the outside of the walls. The reason for this is that it is National practice to take your wiring with you when you leave the house.
A 3rd interesting fact i learnt is that they dont have earth. there are only two wires. that is why i have decided to re-wire the whole house, and i think i am ging to need about a mile of it. here in my local shop i have found some wire with an Earth, but its not that common. just look at the variety of all the other electrical wire without earths.





I am going to need one of these because my previous electric box looks like this.

not Quite so modern as you can see.


I am also going to need a new bathroom because we dont have one. I learnt that culturally they dont have indoor bathrooms and definitely no bath tubs. so I am going to have to make one for my western guests. here is me pricing up the local wears.


they use plastic plumbing because all the mettle pipes crack and break in the cold winters. also you have to drain all liquid in the winters or the minus 30 degrees will explode all your fixings.























No comments:

Post a Comment